Bronze Works Fine Arts Foundry has been in operation since 1992, and has provided outstanding service to hundreds of artists locally and nationwide. Since I am an artist myself, as well as an accomplished foundryman, I can provide you with outstanding service on all aspects of your project.
Bronze Works Fine Arts Foundry offers the following services:
- Bronze and Aluminum casting
- Art and Design consultation
- Full-service custom art foundry
- ‘Lost-wax’ ceramic shell casting
- Rubber molds
- Finishing, mounting, patina
- Custom fabrication
Services, Price List, Copyright Indemnity and Limit of Liability
Bronze: Casting prices, to 1/4 lb, as of Jan. 1, 2016. Applies per piece, not per group order.
(sprue, cast, clip, sandblast and weld):
- 5+ lbs: $22/lbs.
- 4–5 lbs: $25/lbs.
- 3–4 lbs: $30/lbs.
- 2–3 lbs: $35/lbs.
- 1–2 lbs: $40/lbs.
- Up to 1 lb: $45+/lbs.
- Consultation and advice, moldmaking, pattern making, waxwork, chasing, patina, mounting, etc. are determined at an hourly rate of $95.00, by the quarter hour.
- Field rates are $145.00 per hour, including transportation time from the studio, roundtrip.
- Nuts and studs typically welded on for $10 ea.; holes tapped for $15 ea.; holes drilled in stone bases for $15 ea.
- Waxes cost $3/inch to cast only, $5/inch to cast and clean.
Not responsible for damage to stone bases being drilled. No guarantees can be made against porosity in aluminum castings. Not responsible for damage to ‘unique’ waxes or patterns. Not responsible for small flaws or color variations in patinas.
- Prices for a two-piece mold are generally determined by multiplying (length” x width”) times $5, with a minimum fee of $395, or as quoted.
- Additional sections and/or difficult pieces may cost more.
Rubber molds are warranted against defects in workmanship for 5 years and/or 50 waxes. Not responsible for any damage to the original pattern during the mold-makining process. Clients are responsible for storing their own molds. As a courtesy, regularly used molds, originals, waxes, artwork, etc. may be stored on the premises free of charge. After 90 days, however, all items will be charged at a monthly rate of 35 cents/inch of maximum length, billed quarterly. In either case, client stores molds entirely at their own risk. No responsibility for any consequential damages arising out of any loss or misuse is assumed.
Time: Allow at least 4 weeks for molds and 6–8 weeks for metal castings.
Mold rush fees:
- 3–4 wks: 125%
- 2–3 wks: 150%
- 1–2 wk: 200%
Casting rush fees:
- 5–6 wks: 110%
- 4–5 wks: 125%
- 3–4 wks: 150%
- 2–3 wks 175%
- 1–2 wks: 200%
All reasonable efforts taken to meet deadlines. No liability assumed in case of delays.
Copyright: Client owns and/or is an authorized agent to all copyrights of all articles delivered for any reproduction, alteration, etc., and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sean M. Monaghan and the Bronze Works against any and all suits, claims, judgements and costs instituted or recovered against the client on account of the use or sale of such articles in violation of rights under such patent or copyright. Furthermore, the copyright of any original work created, designed or sculpted by Sean M. Monaghan or the Bronze Works for a client shall belong to Sean M. Monaghan, unless otherwise agreed.
Payment: Payment is due in full when service is completed. Prices may vary as per specified agreements. Most projects require a 50% deposit. Prices adjusted annually for inflation, generally 2–5%. Sales tax applies to all molds, and to any castings and fabrications without a resale number provided. Repairs and installation are not taxed. All work is done by hand, and results will vary accordingly.
If you are unhappy for any reason, and reasonable efforts cannot resolve the issue, then Bronze Works, Inc. will return 50% of the total price of the work done, and the bronze piece will be melted down.